Sunday, January 31, 2021

Basil Pesto


My very first Basil Pesto 🌿, and I am so glad I tried this.  I modified a basic recipe I found:

  • 1/3 cup nuts (I used cashews)
  • 2 cups fresh basil (packed)
  • 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper

First I pulsed the nuts in the blender to chop them into very small pieces (careful to not make nut butter), then I added every thing else and blended.  This can be done in a food processor too.

The recipe calls for 2 cups packed of basil, but all I had was 1/2 cup (seriously, where do you find this much basil to buy?) Next time I want to try it with some walnuts, and I want to play around with the measurements of the different ingredients.

I loved this pesto so much ❤️ I am already thinking about all the things I can do with it.  I see in my future chicken caprese, and a chicken portabello sandwich with fresh tomatoes and mozzarella drizzled in this  yummy sauce.   

I am certain we will be planting basil this year 🌿

No comments:

Post a Comment