Monday, February 1, 2021

Soufflé



 Here is the recipe for the soufflés I made this morning (all organic ingredientes):
  • 6 eggs 
  • 6 bacon strips cooked 🥓
  • a bunch of chopped spinach 🍃
  • 2.5 T of parmesan cheese  for 5 cheese soufflé 
  • 11 T of parmesan cheese (1/2 T on top of each)

I was able to make 22 soufflés in total:
  • 9 bacon soufflés (45 cal, 3.5 protein)
  • 3 bacon/spinach soufflés (45 cal, 3.5 g protein)
  • 5 spinach soufflés (30 cal, 2.5 g protein)
  • 5 cheese soufflés (40 cal, 4.5 g protein)

* Calories and protein counts are approximate for each based on the total ingredients I used to make all 22. They are all zero carb.

Instructions:
  • separate the egg white and yolk 
  • beat the egg whites until it turns white and triples in volume.  Start slow speed, and increase slowly.  Don’t stop mixer.  It took about 3 min.
  • add yolk and mix it all in.
  • add the cooked bacon and/or spinach to the bottom of the cupcake pan.
  • add the egg on top
  • sprinkle about 1/2 T of parmesan cheese on top
  • the 5 last I made was cheese only.  I actually added 2.5 T of parmesan cheese to the left over egg mixture before adding to the pan, and sprinkled another 1/2 T on top of each.

I love how pretty they turned out, but if I make the spinach again, I would chop a little smaller, and mix it in the egg mixture instead of adding to the bottom.  

I am having a lot of fun experimenting in the kitchen, and making these videos, and I love being able to watch it over when I want to make it again. 

Enjoy!

PS: This recipe is not part of the detox because of the cheese and bacon.  I have an earlier post of chicken soufflé that would work best during detox, and it’s also delicious!

#highprotein #zerocarb #teenULTRAapproved


No comments:

Post a Comment